|Job Type:||Full Time|
Maintenance Team Member (Afternoon Shift)
- Start and finish your day locally in Montrose
- Opportunity to combine maintenance, trade, and quarrying skills in the one role!
- Employment stability - permanent full-time position
This opportunity exists for a Maintenance Team Member to join our team based in Montrose Quarry. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor this role will carry out maintenance and repairs in our fixed plant ensuring all equipment is operational and safe to use by our operators.
- Carrying out maintenance and repairs to fixed plant, ensuring all equipment is operational and safe for use
- Liaise with Plant Operators and Supervisors on any issues that need attention, being safety or production
- Carry out plant inspection check lists
- Maintain a neat and tidy workshop and work area
- Participate in site toolbox and safety meetings
- Initiate and communicate improvement ideas that improve efficiency, reduce waste and costs, and
- Ensuring company policies, standards, safety and operational business plans are followed at all times
- Experience working within the quarry industry , fixed plant maintenance and/or fabrication experience highly desirable
- Trade qualified or completion of Certificate III in Surface Extraction (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to work in teams
- Must be flexible, enthusiastic and reliable, have attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions.
- Strong sense of safety and environmental awareness including compliance within Occupational Health and Safety and Environment legislation and standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Employment stability
- Competitive wages
- Opportunity to work close to home in Montrose
- Genuine career development opportunities
- Organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.