Searching for an empowering career? Imagine where an apprenticeship with QLD’s high voltage transmission network might take you!
- Four-year, full-time programs, paid at above-Award rates
- Quality training and mentoring from industry experts
- Join a supportive and inclusive team environment
In these exciting four-year programs, you will work under the supervision of highly skilled and supportive tradespersons to complete one of the below programs:
- Electrotechnology Electrician (UEE30811) qualification, or
- Dual-Linesperson (UET30512 – Transmission and UET30612 – Distribution) qualifications.
As you learn, you construct, maintain and repair overhead Transmission Lines, delivering critical services to almost 5 million Queensland customers.
Most of all, you will enter a supportive and collaborative working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
You are enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and an interest in working in technical and field environments.
You love to work with a team, collaborating with and supporting others as you adapt to changes and challenges that come your way.
The below attributes are also essential:
- A Senior Certificate, Year 12 or equivalent, with a pass in Maths, Science, English, and ideally Technical studies.
- An open or provisional manual Driver’s Licence.
- Access to safe and reliable transportation to travel to, from and between multiple sites, carrying tools and other equipment.
- Strong verbal, numerical and fault-finding skills.
- The ability to perform physically demanding work at heights in an outdoor environment.
If you are keen to start off your career with a world leader in electricity transmission, then click the apply button below and follow the prompts.
Applications close on Sunday, 1st November 2020 at 11:59pm.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete Online Testing as a part of the selection process, so please ensure that you monitor your emails upon applying.
Powerlink and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.