|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference.
- Based in our Bella Vista office with excellent facilities, employee benefits and flexible working arrangements.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Risk Manager to join the team. In this role, you will support the Group Risk Team to deliver its Risk Management strategy through successfully embedding the application of risk management framework, methodologies, processes and tools throughout the business. This role will actively support the overall Group Risk Team on key improvement and assurance initiatives to confirm they are successfully implemented. In this role, you will also support the engagement with and challenging of the business on their risk profile, controls and assurance programs.
- Provide review, constructive challenge, and insights in relation the execution of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework requirements across the business (BUs and Support functions)
- Develop strong relationships with the business to gain a detailed understanding of their current risks, commercial drivers and controls environment.
- Identify emerging risks, trends, insights, incidents, and relevant industry breaches to the Business and the broader Group Risk team and framing appropriate mitigation actions
- Constructively challenge the business on key risks and control activities, with the aim of supporting the development of commercial and practical risk solutions, which enhance business processes.
- Working closely with the business and risk communities to promote a risk aware culture aligned to the Risk Appetite of the business.
- Monitor incident management trends, capture key insights of control weakness and conduct control testing where required.
- Contribute and support the development and implementation of practical tools, training and coaching in Risk Management that is tailored to support the business.
- Assist in the preparation of key risk reports such as Board and Risk Committee deliverables and the delivery of key risk initiatives.
Who we're looking for
- Minimum 5 years risk management experience
- Good understanding of risk management frameworks and business processes in large institutions
- Polished, professional demeanour with excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence and build strong relationships
- Confident, capable, inquisitive, and able to constructively challenge the business
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Experience with contributing to Board/Executive level papers. Ability to seek out and engage stakeholders face-to-face. Resilient, passionate and energetic can-do attitude is essential.
- Relevant tertiary or technical qualifications in Risk, Commerce, General Management or similar
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You