|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
We are looking to appoint an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Logistics Vehicles and Modules Engineering team, based in Melbourne. This is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative and experienced engineering team to deliver vehicle and module mission systems.
About the role
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, the Systems Engineer is responsible for:
- Ensuring engineering systems are developed in accordance with the Vehicle or Module System Specification;
- Analysing engineering change requests;
- Coordinating developmental activities for Engineering Changes;
- Supporting process improvement;
- Providing support to RDA V&V failure review boards;
- Providing Systems Engineering input into System Reviews;
- Interfacing with Engineering and V&V teams on product changes;
- Using engineering systems in accordance with relevant IT Security policies and system operations manuals. These systems include the RDA PDM (Siemens Team Centre), RDA In-Service Support Database, Military Integrated Logistics Information System (MILIS) and any interfacing supplier Dealer Management Systems; and
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and RMMV Engineering.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Transparency. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical);
- Proven experience in Systems Engineering (Defence Industry);
- Proven experience in engineering design; including the use of CAD software, CATIA;
- Experience interpreting complex engineering function and performance specifications, and a capacity to identify existing technical solutions to meet these specifications;
- A sound understanding of the systems engineering method and its application to military vehicle programs;
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening; and
- German language skills a bonus
What's on offer?
- Attractive Remuneration package, salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their immediate families overall wellbeing
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 26 October 2020
For further information about this opportunity, please call Tali Butler on 0428 881 736 and quote Ref# AU00221.