|Job Type:||Full Time|
Confluence Water Pty Ltd (Confluence Water), a Downer, Broadspectrum and Jacobs joint venture, is one of three consortia to deliver services under Sydney Water’s Partnering for Success program. Confluence Water will deliver design, construction, maintenance and facilities management services in Sydney Water’s Northern region, which stretches from Sydney Harbour to the Hawkesbury River and includes the Hills Shire. This is a 10-year contract and as part of this contract Downer are committed to developing people within local communities.
Downer is seeking a Trades Assistant to join Confluence Water in a permanent, full time position located in Chatswood . This role is responsible for the checking, receipting and movement of materials and equipment between locations, housekeeping and stock-taking of the stores and workshops and all other general inventory management assistance in accordance with Confluence Water policies and procedures.
- Lift, shift and movement of materials and equipment between locations within the stores and between sites including with the use of forklifts, cranes, trucks and other plant.
- Regular auditing, housekeeping and general maintenance of the stores and workshops to keep them as safe, tidy and orderly environments.
- Undertake regular stock take of materials at the stores and workshops and other locations. Identify and minimise wastage, damage, obsolescence and write-offs. Update inventory systems with up-to-date stock information and arrange replenishment as required.
- Periodically inspect, calibrate and verify tools, plant and equipment and ensure they fall within the limits of acceptance in accordance with the inspection schedule. Update the register accordingly.
- Collaborate with other members of the maintenance team to support the effective management of all materials and equipment in the delivery of the overall maintenance services
- Work as part of a team with the maintenance technicians on maintenance tasks that require materials and inventory management.
- Experience in materials transport, materials management.
- Competent use of a computerised inventory management system
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated written communication and IT skills.
- This position will require the incumbent to travel between different sites of the region in the course of duties and possess an unrestricted drivers’ licence.
- Heavy vehicle Licence HR/HM/HC (highly desirable)
- Crane Licences CN/C2/CV (highly desirable)
- Forklift Licence (highly desirable)
- This position requires a Police check
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary package
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Work and lifestyle balance
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and supportive environment
Please use the "Apply" button to submit your For more information about the role, please contact: Gordon McGinn – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner email : Gordon.McGinn@Downergroup.com (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).