|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference.
- Based in our Bella Vista office with excellent facilities, employee benefits and flexible working arrangements.
We are seeking a Business Risk Partner to join Woolworths! In this role, you will support the Group Risk Team to deliver the Risk Management strategy through the implementation of key initiatives related to frameworks, methodologies, processes and tools. This role will actively engage with various parts of the Woolworths business and its Support Services to provide advice, constructive challenge and support to further embed Woolworths’ Enterprise Risk Management Framework, and in delivering on our cyclical reporting requirements.
- Provide review, constructive challenge, and insights in relation to the execution of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework requirements across the business.
- Serve as a trusted business partner and a key point of contact for risk management matters. Establish positive working relationships with key stakeholders in the business and help design strategies to enhance risk informed decision making, promote a positive risk culture, support delivery of key risk reports/papers and drive the effective management of risks within the business.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of practical risk frameworks, processes, approaches and guidance documents to help facilitate effective communication with management of key risks, risk and control assessments and help support more robust decision making.
- Collaborate with the business to help recognise complex problems and frame them into simple and manageable actions that result in optimal business outcomes. The focus of these reviews may include more common areas such as key risks to the business or organisation, or more complex or ambiguous reviews or investigations that arise on an adhoc basis.
- Understand our business, and support in identifying areas of weakness in the way we manage risk and where enhancements or improvements are needed. You'll identify practical and achievable programs of work to help improve and enhance the effectiveness of risk management within those processes to help deliver better outcomes for the business. This can include independent review of key risks, controls, control monitoring programs and identification of gaps and improvements.
- Contribute to the monitoring of emerging risks including long term/macroeconomic trends and assess the key opportunities and threats to Woolworths. This includes the assessment and tracking of strategic business trends across relevant adjacent industries.
- Demonstrate proven group management capabilities that exemplify Woolworths values and ways of working for the benefit of a high performing team.
Who we're looking for
- 10 or more years of experience in risk management
- Experience in a leading risk consulting firm and/or with a major corporate risk team
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) along with the ability to influence leaders and Executives across the organisation
- Strong relationship management skills with evidence of working effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Proven experience in leading and supporting decision-making in a complex and rapidly evolving business environment
- Previous risk experience in a retail environment is preferred, but is not mandatory
- Relevant tertiary in Risk, Commerce/Accounting, General Management or similar
- CPRM/CPRA (RMIA) or equivalent qualification will be viewed favourably.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You