|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
The RDA Operations department manages the production of new Defence Vehicles and Systems. Within the Operations department, the Production team completed the Assembly, Integration and Testing of complex Tactical Vehicles and Systems.
About the role
The Assembly Mechanic is responsible for the completing mechanical build tasks for the Land400 Vehicles in accordance with Technical Instructions, Engineering Drawings, Quality Standards, and WHS requirements.
You can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Complete build and testing tasks for the Land 400 Vehicles in accordance with Technical Instructions, Engineering Drawings, Quality Standards, and WHS requirements.
- Support the development of the local build processes and standards for the Block 1 build based on the program Technical Information and Quality Assurance requirements.
- Complete re-work tasks on parts and vehicle systems in accordance with approved engineering instructions.
- Build, fabricate, modify and maintain the required tooling, equipment, and assembly aids as required to complete build activities.
- Maintain the safe and efficient storage of required parts, tools and equipment in the Block 1 workshop stores and working areas.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Availability to travel interstate or overseas for required systems training and support of build events in Germany.
- The ability to gain security clearance commensurate to Australian Defence Force base access.
- A relevant trades qualification. Cert III Automotive Mechanical – Heavy Vehicle Road Transport or Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings, manuals, and technical documents.
- Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply quality control techniques
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to task planning and effective time management; proven ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400.
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 25 October 2020
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Michael Bernard on +61438 833 043 and quote AU00218