|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to strong demand for our services we are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing geotechnical team and be a key part in the delivery of key projects to our clients.
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest independent employee-owned companies in the world. It is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions.
We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
With strong technical knowledge and significant experience in geotechnical projects, we seek a person who is both technically focussed but able to be client minded with great all-round skills in presentation and communication.
As part of the wider Geotechnical team you will provide engineering design and support services on projects related to tunnelling, foundations, retaining structures and slopes on civil infrastructure projects. Where required you will prepare specifications and reports and carry out site inspections as well as attend client meetings and manage the client interface on progressively larger and more complex projects.
Other key duties will include:
* Provide Geotechnical design and engineering on a range of infrastructure projects, both in Queensland and across the broader Australian business.
* Work directly with, and provide high quality service to, our clients.
* Advise internal professionals in our roads, tunnel and structural engineering groups.
* Supervision of drafting, and more junior, personnel.
* Bring an appreciation of constructability to our services and designs.
* Preparation of reports and specifications.
* Site inspections and reporting.
* Field monitoring and data assessment.
For this role you will require the following:
* Degree Qualified Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist.
* Chartered Professional Engineer or Geologist and RPEQ (or eligible for RPEQ)
* Experience in ground characterisation, geotechnical design and an ability to provide project leadership on packages of Geotechnical design work.
* Appreciation of engineering risk, and developing an understanding of commercial risk.
* Prepared to innovate and think outside the square.
In turn you'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our local and international experts and bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects. We adopt a pioneering mindset to meet our challenges head on.
There's no time like the present to make a change.