|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
The RDA Operations department manages the production of new Defence Vehicles and Systems. Within the Operations department, the Production team completed the Assembly, Integration and Testing of complex Tactical Vehicles and Systems.
About the role
The Assembly Mechanic Integration is responsible for the successful Integration of components and systems in L400 Phase 2 Boxer vehicle and similar assemblies. The technician will ensure to complete the Integration, Commissioning, and Test tasks in accordance with RDA manufacturing instructions, quality standards, and WH&S requirements. Additional qualifications related to Weapon systems and Armaments are a requirement for this role.
You can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Completing the Inspection and pre-assembly checks of Turret Assembly and associated components prior to Integration.
- Complete Pre and Post shipment technical inspections of Turret Assembly and associated components; assist with generating warranty reports for European stakeholders.
- Completing Turret to Vehicle Integration in accordance with RDA manufacturing instructions.
- Completing production documentation and test protocols related to the Turret Integration, start-up, and commissioning process.
- Investigating and resolving any start-up issues that may occur during final Integration, Test, Commissioning, and FAT processes.
- Complete turret system technical reports and assist Quality department investigations and reporting as required.
- Maintain the safe and efficient storage of required parts, tools and equipment in the workshop areas. Support the materials team to complete the movement, delivery, and inspection of parts and consumables.
- Supporting the L400 service department with subject matter expertise in regards to Turret Integration and Test.
- Complete work as required from time to time at other facilities including at the sites of RDA customers and suppliers
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Cert IV in Armament or equivalent defence armament qualification
- Cert III in Mechanical, Electronics, or Mechatronics
- Proven experience in the integration of complex electronic and mechatronic systems.
- Availability to travel overseas for required systems training and support of build events in Germany for up to a 3 months period.
- The ability to gain security clearance commensurate to Australian Defence Force base access.
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings, manuals, and technical documents.
- Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply quality control techniques
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, the ability to work unsupervised and willingness to participate and contribute as part of a team
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400.
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 25 October 2020
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Michael Bernard on +61438 833 043 and quote AU00206