|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will play an integral role in the development and delivery of the NZ Business Unit across a multidiscipline organisation. The business unit currently has over 40 employees across two offices, Wellington and Auckland. You will take on the responsibility of the strategic growth of the business unit through client engagement and quality service delivery.
This team is supported by our wider APAC team, connecting the businesses across the wider Cardno group. Through this collaborative model you will have access to APAC-wide markets, projects and clients, as well as the support of peers and industry leaders to grow your business and your own career.
Join a progressive global organisation where you will be given the space and support to grow.
Key responsibilities you will be required to undertake will include:
- Develop and implement your strategies for people, clients, growth, quality, safety and performance
- Provide leadership and direction that delivers high performance and team engagement in an environment supportive of cooperation, collaboration and developing our people to achieve
- Motivate, mentor, recruit and develop a great team of people
- Deliver high quality, innovative project solutions that provide real value to our clients
- Play a real part in our APAC strategic planning and direction
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities for new business with the support of other business leaders
- Acting as a Cardno Ambassador, actively promoting the company through industry groups and events
This would ideally suit a Manager with a background in civil / structural / geotechnical / environmental engineering. You will have experience within the consulting industry who have a solid understanding of the engineering infrastructure environment in NZ.
A key element to this role is your well-developed managerial and leadership skills to develop a motivated business unit.
In addition to your enthusiasm and drive, you will demonstrate the following:
- The skills to manage and lead great projects and people
- An understanding of the importance of people, career development review processes and training
- Demonstrated ability to foster trusted long-term business relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders for mutual benefit
- Strong and positive interpersonal, influencing, mentoring and negotiation skills
- A good understanding of applying commercial concepts to develop and deliver business goals
- Registration within Profession or eligibility for corporate membership
- Knowledge of Quality & Safety and the importance of risk management
- Ability to successfully manage business unit finances, including projections and cash flows
- A commitment to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to make a difference, we welcome your interest! Please send through your resume and cover letter or reach out to me, Julie Faulkner (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor) for a confidential discussion
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.