|Job Type:||Full Time|
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Project Finance Officer to join our APAC Project Finance team based out of our Melbourne consulting office. The role will work closely with the Project Finance Manager - Victoria, Business Leaders and Project Managers and you will be responsible for financial monitoring, reporting and internal compliance in order to ensure projects are successfully managed and delivered.
In this role, you will:
- Champion best practice, as well as consistency with the rest of the APAC division, in project controls, change management, cost control and contract management
- Act as the gatekeeper for all financial and contract aspects related to projects
- Ensure projects are set up in accordance with contract, contracts are valid, and appropriate budgets are assigned for backlog reporting
- Perform monthly project reviews where key data such as spend to date, cost to complete, revenue recognition, variances, AR and WIP are analysed, actioned and reported to Management.
- Assist Project Managers to generate appropriate revenue recognition as well as provide support where needed during billing process.
- Perform monthly project performance reviews, analysis and reconciliations
- Assist with preparing weekly and monthly reporting for local management team
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration will be highly advantageous though not essential
- Minimum five years previous experience in similar roles within the engineering, construction or professional services industry
- Strong contract management knowledge as well as strong understanding of project costing
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Analytical capability with strengths in identifying and implementing continuous improvement
- Strong client-focused approach
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision, manage a high volume of work and assess priorities, plan activities and organise workloads to achieve objectives and meet strict deadlines
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.