Last updated 12 days ago
In this role, you will provide customers (RACQ members and stakeholders) with an efficient, empathetic and tailored loss assessing service. This role will be based in Townsville and you will work across Townsville and surrounding region conducting on-site and desktop assessments of damaged properties to enable quality and timely repairs at competitive pricing.
You will be provided with a fully maintained company vehicle and work with a portfolio of domestic insurance claims. This role is paramount to ensuring our members are provided with an industry leading claims experience in their time of need.
- Conduct on-site and desktop assessments of insured properties to determine damage and best practice repair methods
- Support a broader team with repair and technical advice and understanding of impact of a loss
- Provide expert advice, empathy and outstanding customer service to insurance customers and third parties
- Develop and foster relationships with our local supplier network
- Help us identify ways we can be more efficient and deliver greater value to our Members
- Liaise with external stakeholders (e.g. Builders, Investigators, Police, Forensic Services etc.)
- Complete accurate reports with relevant details to support acceptance of claims
- Report complaints and non-compliance, and assist in resolving disputes
- Identify claims which are considered suspicious or possibly fraudulent and refer to Investigations
- Loss adjusting, property assessing, building consulting or building trade experience
- Knowledge of (or ability to quickly acquire) insurance products, policy interpretation and ability to identify causes of damage
- Highly resilient and thrive during times of high pressure (like responding to catastrophic weather events)
- Empathetic, customer-focused individual with excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail, with an open, inquisitive and adaptable mind-set
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Current driver’s license and ability to work flexible hours
It is an exciting time to be part of RACQ as we continue our transformation towards better, smarter solutions that deliver more security and prosperity for Queenslanders. We are big enough to make a real difference in our community, yet small enough to nurture your professional and personal development.
We are committed to ensuring that every employee has access to flexibility in their role. We encourage all candidates to discuss what flexibility means to you and how we can help you find your balance.
There are plenty of other perks, too;
- Free Roadside Assistance, significant discounts on Banking, Assistance, Insurance and Travel products for you and your family
- Significant discounts on holidays, theme parks, movies, new cars, experiences and so much more
Please Note ; you may be required to complete video interviews, psychometric testing, a medical and/or criminal history check as part of the application process.
RACQ is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or visit www.racq.com.au/about/careers/our-recruitment-process