|Job Type:||Full Time|
Western Power delivers on the changing energy needs of Western Australians, powered by community trust and the passion of our people. We respect and take care of each other, our community and the environment. We are focused on serving our customers and are committed to providing a safe working environment for our people. It is an exciting time in the electricity industry, a time of great change, innovation and opportunity which we embrace and welcome. That’s why we need talented people with passion and ambition to join us.
At Western Power we are committed to safely and efficiently connecting the community with the energy needed to power their lives.
This is a permanent full-time position based at our Albany depot.
About the Role:
This role is accountable to manage the construction phase of Western Power’s asset driven and customer driven projects.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- The incumbent must hold a minimum of an ESI Cert 3 in Distribution or Transmission linework / Jointing or Electrical Fitting
- Have a strong background in overhead and underground distribution construction and maintenance work.
- Be experienced and qualified in the area of network switching both overhead and underground networks
- Best practice experience in the area of project management (such as negotiation, planning, communication, use of initiative and problem solving) with a minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience
- Strong experience dealing with both internal and external customers
- Health & Safety knowledge relevant to the electricity supply and construction sector.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Technical experience in the power industry and coordinating field activities
- Experienced in the Microsoft Office suite of products to an intermediate level
- Experience in EDM, DQM and MIMS, Ellipse is desirable.
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’
- It is also highly desirable that the incumbent holds a valid West Australian Electricians or Contractors License
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 23rd October 2020