|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
Our Western Australia business is currently looking to appoint an Operations Supervisor. Reporting to the Regional Manager Perth Collections you will represent our Recycling and Recovery business in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Supervising a fleet of employees, you will develop sound working relationships with our drivers, workshop, customer service centre and subcontractors to name a few. The On-Road supervisor is expected to comply with SUEZ policies and procedures and focus on environmental health safety and risk management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide all required Operational assistance to the Regional Manager, working collaboratively and in partnership
- Ensure site compliance for both Commercial and Residential sites (including planning, licences, and site conformance to safety KPI’s as set by the business.
- Conducting training for both Residential and Commercial sites including all new employee inductions.
- Assist in preparation of all site’s safety documentation including JSEA’s and form 44s.
- Assist with the Management of WorkCover claims and the Rehabilitation Program.
- Be involved in the investigation of incidents involving personal injury and near miss.
- Attend WH&S Committee meetings, provide advice/information on EQS issues, resolve actions and follow up on outstanding items.
- Maintain the EQ&S Management System, with operational and documentation support.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external staff training, develop and conduct environmental and safety training sessions
- Respond promptly to EQS issues raised during normal activities / operations.
- Assist in site assessments for customers
- Conducting Toolbox talks and warden/first aid responsibilities
- Preparation and management of run sheets, route and productivity monitoring and development
Your experience will be gained from the transport/logistics or waste management industry and you have at least 2 + years experienced gained in a leadership/supervisory role. With sound knowledge of WHS legislation, you understand the requirements of front lift, rear lift, and side lift vehicles. You are competent in the use of MS office applications and can manage a wide range of activities in an ever-changing environment. You hold safety and customer as a core value and can maintain high degree of diplomacy, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Ideally you will hold an unencumbered HR Drivers License together with qualifications in Safety, Training & Assessment and/or Transport and logistics.
Your resilience will be critical as we work through a critical change management phase of our business. Above all your core values align with ours – passion for the environment, a customer first/approach mindset, team spirit and respect.
The position will come with a fully maintained tool of trade vehicle together with a range of benefits.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women, and we invite you to take a look at some our policies and initiatives here