|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
We are seeking a Production Technician – AVAT to join our dynamic team in our Antivenom Manufacture function in Parkville (Australia). This role is a full time permanent position and the focus of the role is to participate in the production of Antivenoms and Antitoxins in accordance with process specifications, GMP and QMS Standards.
Reporting to the Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Equipment preparation using the AVAT processes. This includes bottles, portable and fixed tanks, fittings and filters. This task will include automated and manual washing equipment, integrity testing of tanks and using autoclaves to sterilise equipment
- Formulate buffers/solutions associated with the processes. This requires using filters and performing sterile filtration and sampling activities
- Prepare dose preparation, large scale and small scale Antisera processing
- Formulate antisera which involves aseptic processing techniques. This process requires accurate documentation annotation using Batch Process Sheets and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Performing calculations, verifying critical process parameters and co-ordinating activities for antisera formulation
- Submit test samples to Quality Control (QC) in accordance to QC protocols
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must have:
- Preferred tertiary qualification in science/engineering or related discipline (minimum of VCE qualifications)
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations and Quality Management Systems
- Ability to maintain attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you are looking to further develop your skills and shape the health of Australians, please apply with your resume and cover letter, which must address the selection criteria above, and include the reference number R-123680.
Applications will close 5pm AEST on 23rd October 2020.
CSL advises that screening including; criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience, stated qualifications and other relevant checks form a part of the candidate suitability evaluation process. Where applicable, this applies to current CSL employees. CSL employees must notify their current manager when selected for interview for any advertised internal vacancies.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
Seqirus does not accept unsolicited referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Seqirus' Talent Acquisition to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Seqirus. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Seqirus. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Seqirus. Seqirus shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.