|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap provides a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. We change the way people view the world, so they can profoundly change the way they work. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals and we are currently seeking a Software Engineer.
Nearmap Software Engineer’s bring fresh ideas from all areas, including GIS, imagery distribution, 3D modelling, large-scale system design, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a software engineer, you will work on projects critical to our needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
The Day to Day...
- Designing and developing highly available and performance-critical APIs.
- Building and managing microservices in Kubernetes environments.
- Leading designs of major software components and systems.
- Securely managing Kubernetes and AWS resources.
- Driving adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving software.
- Analyzing and developing solutions that solve real customer problems.
- Supporting production systems.
- Working closely with wider Engineering team and contributing to improvement initiatives.
- Championing & assisting with implementation of continuous delivery framework.
What we’re looking for…
- Service oriented architecture experience with continuous integration and software build tools and a passion for continuous delivery.
- Linux, Cloud environments (AWS in particular).
- SQL, PostGIS, Aurora.
- Kubernetes or similar container orchestration systems.
- A passion for continuous improvement, agile methodologies and lean software development.
- A team player, effective communicator, takes initiative, a self-starter.
- Thorough and methodical.
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Tertiary level qualification, ideally Computer Science or other related technical qualification.
Why you’ll want to work at Nearmap…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme.
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity.
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development.
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks.
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views.
- A well-being program including an allowance.
- Volunteer Days
Come on board, grow your career and enjoy working in a casual environment with other passionate and talented IT professionals.
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8