|Job Type:||Full Time|
Services provided by the BSC to Downer Group include payroll, purchase to pay, accounts receivable, and travel and expense management. The delivery of these services is enabled by the combined efforts of BSC’s solution advisory, solution training and systems accounting teams, together with change management, finance and human resources specialists.
The BSC payroll function has over 105 staff operating out of North Ryde NSW and Melbourne Vic. The BSC pays over 50,000 employees using SAP and Oracle Express HR. There are over 200 EBAs.
The focus of the Payroll Project Officer is to work within the BSC Payroll team on various business improvement projects and be involved in all the stages of the project life cycle.
Duties may include reporting to senior management, ensuring a continuous flow of information among project team members and assigning tasks. As a dedicated payroll SME there is also a requirement to understand project methodology, provide analytical insight and User Acceptance Testing as part of this position.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 8+ years payroll experience
- Previously worked on a project with evidence of successful delivery
- Strong understanding of SAP payroll system
- Knowledge of Attache, PayGlobal or Meridan payroll systems advantageous
- End to end Payroll processing experience
- Superior Payroll Compliance and legislative knowledge
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to analyse volumes of data
- Ability to interpret payroll legislation and awards
- Basic knowledge of project methodology principles
In addition, you will:
- Be able to work independently and as part of a project team
- Able to effectively plan and manage workload, to ensure that individual and team goals and KPI’s are met
- Able to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, and shift priorities as required
- Able to effectively communicate, work and build relationships with a range of relevant stakeholders, including employees, other payroll officers, business site representatives and HR
- Able to effectively present and communicate information in a way tailored for relevant target audience
- Able to provide SME advice and information in a constructive and consultative manner
- Provide reporting and analytical insight
In return you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your career within Downer an ASX listed leader in delivering services across Australia ranging from trains and roads through to renewable energy and facilities management.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package, potential to earn KPI bonuses, the foundation of a career with stability, flexible working arrangements and continued professional development as we continue to expand as a business.
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Rosa Van Kuyk for more information on Rosa.VanKuyk@Downergroup.com