|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Downer Australia, we are a national supplier, service provider and project delivery business, supporting our customers in all facets of their project lifecycle. Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands. Downer Infrastructure Projects has been successful in securing and delivering a number of exciting large scale Power and Water Infrastructure projects including:
- Transmission and Distribution Substations and power lines;
- Wind Farms;
- Utility Scale Solar Farms (>100MW);
- Energy Storage facilities; and
- Waste Water Treatment Plants.
To optimise on new opportunities Downer’s Engineering Services division is seeking an experienced Senior SCADA Engineer to be based in our Melbourne office on a full time permanent basis . Site travel for commissioning may be required. If you are adaptable, proactive and passionate about delivering excellence, here’s your opportunity to be part of something big.
Reporting to the SCADA Team Leader and joining a small established and competent team, you will have the opportunity to lead and deliver projects and mentor junior engineers to assist you to prepare engineering calculations, studies, programming, reports and drawings.
- Tertiary qualifications as an Electrical, Electronics or Control Systems Engineer;
- Eight plus years’ experience in design and implementation of SCADA systems in large renewable energy and/or utility substation projects (waste water projects will be highly regarded);
- Demonstrated capability in the writing of technical documents such as Functional Design Reports, Operation & Maintenance manuals.
- Demonstrated capability in the design, implementation and commissioning of RTUs, IEC61850, real time control, HMI equipment; (SEL RTAC, SICAM PAS, C50, ClearSCADA will be highly regarded)
- Demonstrated capability in the design, implementation and commissioning of industrial ethernet networks (L2 experience is required, L3 will be highly regarded)
- An understanding of IT & Cybersecurity technologies such as Domain Controllers, Virtual Machines, Intrusion Detection systems. (knowledge of IEC-62443 will be highly regarded)
- An understanding of electrical AC & DC drawings and SCADA and communication panel design
- Demonstrated capability to deliver complex, multi discipline Engineering projects on time and budget to high quality standards, and experience with related project controls principals.
- Thorough understanding of design practices and methodologies;
- Demonstrated capacity to identify technical and process innovations, realise opportunities and maximize value for money through the design process;
- A demonstrated capacity to identify, manage and mitigate the key design risks in order that they do not adversely impact on the project through its lifecycle;
- Highly developed skills in all forms of communication that enable effective interaction between management, employees, contractors and the ability to foster relationships with customers/clients;
- Sound commercial, business, financial, conceptual and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to Safety in Design and Zero Harm;
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do;
- An opportunity to work on large scale Power, Renewable Energy and Waste Water projects from concept to actualisation;
- An opportunity to work for a top twenty ASX listed company;
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment;
- A supportive and dynamic team;
- Great range of benefits for our employees.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume via the links provided. Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply
For more information, please contact email@example.com, however, applications must be made via the careers portal and will not be accepted via email.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES