|Location:||Karratha, Mardie, Perth, Western Australia|
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020; Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana and Gruyere.
As a results of our successes, we are eager to engage with energetic and experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters to join the Downer Mining team on the SINO Iron project at Cape Preston located 100kms south west of Karratha, in West Australia's resource rich Pilbara region on a 2:1 roster.
Downer's Mining contract with SINO Iron is to primarily for the provision of mining equipment its maintanance as well as the provision of operators to operate both Downer and Sino Iron equipment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will focus on reliability and quality, whilst carrying out service and maintenance in field and workshop on mobile fleet such as Trucks and Shovels and be a key driver in continuous improving and standardising work practices.
- Sound knowledge of BUCYRUS - MT 4400, LIEBHERR R9800 Shovels - ESSENTIAL
- Trade qualifications in Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Fitting
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining and servicing large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation is essential
- Strong team player and solid communication skills
- Drive, enthusiasm and a passion to be part of a great team culture
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary with incentive $$
- Permanent positions
- Secure full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and well-being benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
All roles are FIFO from Perth, operating a 2:1 roster consisting of a week of days and nights. Downer promotes a healthy work/life balance which includes on-site living facilities including modern en-suite rooms and quality meal services. This is an exciting opportunity to join Downer on SINO Iron Project at Cape Preston.
Please apply to this application or contact Melanie Greenfield to discuss vacancies on (08) 6212 9523.