|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of the Transurban Queensland (TQ) Assets Engineering team, the Network Fire Engineer position is responsible for the overall management and protection of the fire safety aspects of TQ's assets, including ensuring they are compliant with deed obligations and ensuring optimal operating performance.
This role is seen as the go-to person for Transurban Queensland's General Manager Operations on all things Fire Engineering/Safety.
The impact you'll have:
- Implementing a strategic approach to the management of Fire Safety systems, including a whole-of-life approach to asset maintenance, including obsolescence
- Oversee a portfolio of design management and maintenance planning activities covering asset Fire Safety infrastructure
- Ensure all maintenance and project activities are commercially viable, legally appropriate, conform to industry best practice standards and are consistent with concession deed requirements.
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis, Reliability Analysis and obsolesce reviews across the assets to ensure the asset maintenance is optimised
- Establish, implement and support the ongoing governance and continuous improvement of engineering and technical standards
- Engage, collaborate and develop strategic relationships both internally and externally with vendors and support consultants
The talents you'll bring:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering & forCorporate Membership of Engineers Australia
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland, Fire - Fire engineering division, or be able to achieve status within six months (i.e. through Mutual Recognition Agreements);
- Extensive experience in developing, identifying, improving and implementing long-term, sustainable and optimum asset engineering and maintenance methodologies;
- Demonstrated experience in Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) including Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), root cause analysis (RCA) and obsolescence methodologies;
- Proven commercial experience, preferably in an operational asset engineering role
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills supported Flexibility
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.