|Location:||Barangaroo, Brisbane City, Melbourne|
- Permanent opportunity, flexible location
- Key leadership role in newly scoped team
- Build key stakeholder relationships cross functionally
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Reporting to the General Manager, Internal Audit and Risk Governance (acting), this position is responsible for providing risk management support to major projects and special initiatives across Origin. As the Senior Manager, Risk Governance & Projects, you will also hold accountability for supporting an improved understanding of risk and compliance management across Origin and further enhance the company’s risk culture.
Responsibilities will include;
- Provide leadership, SME advice and support across the business to ensure appropriate identification, assessment and ongoing management of complex project and strategic risks.
- Facilitate material / complex project risk assessments (e.g. for IT, Risk and HR programs of work), as required, and assist in the identification of controls, gaps, remediation actions and assurance activities.
- Develop, implement and align Risk Appetite and associated monitoring across the organisation that provide insight and advice to executive and senior management regarding significant risk exposures, risk trends, control effectiveness and the status of risk management activities.
- Act as an independent review and challenge to ensure that risks and compliance exposures for major projects and special initiatives are being appropriately assessed, managed and monitored.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to be enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work with a diverse and virtual team. You will have a strong business acumen, an intuitive understanding of what is reasonable business practice is, have excellent communication skills and a commitment to stakeholder management.
To be considered you will have:
- At least 10+yrs working in large organisations, including demonstrated senior leadership providing risk management or assurance support to complex major projects and special initiatives
- Ability to take on complex goals and objectives and influence stakeholders to implement change
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and proactively working with diverse Business Units to implement change
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications
- Ability to communicate complexity in a simple and clear manner
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
- Integrity and high personal and professional ethics
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions
- Independence, robustness and resilience
- Sharp business acumen, including the ability to assess risk and challenge others
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers