|Location:||Barangaroo, Brisbane City, Melbourne|
- Permanent opportunity, flexible location
- Equivalent Big 4 Manager role with generous bonus structure/share plan
- Support Origin’s Energy Markets & Retail environments
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
We have some exciting opportunities for you to join Origin's Internal Audit team!
As the Origin Internal Audit team, we help Origin get energy right for our customers, communities and planet! Our work takes us all over Origin (think major office locations, power stations, LPG terminals and natural gas operations) where we get to meet and work with colleagues at all levels. Our team is diverse, talented and have a fun, supportive culture that cares about our impact. We live to continuously learn about how the Origin business works, find better ways of auditing and building lasting relationships while doing that.
Reporting to the Head of Audit – Finance, Risk & Operations, this position will support and deliver value adding and insightful internal audit services that help improve the Origin financial and operational control environment associated with activity across Corporate Functions, Major Projects, Retail and Energy Markets.
You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of financial and operational internal audits in accordance with the Origin Internal Audit Methodology, processes and key success criteria. This includes:
- Assist in the development of an internal audit scope and approach, set clear and appropriate expectations, and obtain business commitment to deliver internal audits
- Conduct fieldwork to identify control gaps and inefficiencies, and appropriately describe the risk, root cause and consequence of these. This may include data analytics to test controls.
- Identify, include and manage co-source providers and technical subject matter resources in evaluating the financial, and operational control environment
- Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of first- and second-line risk management and other assurance activities, and determining the effect of those activities on the overall control environment and the internal audit test plan
- Prepare concise, insightful and value adding internal audit reports, and providing advice to our stakeholders in formulating appropriate corrective actions
- Assist in the completion of internal audit engagement closure steps, including assisting with senior IT management engagement and communicating internal audit outcomes
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to be enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently, creatively and analytically in problem-solving environments. You will have a strong business acumen an intuitive understanding of what is reasonable business practice as well as excellent communication skills and commitment to providing consistent level of customer service to key stakeholders.
To be considered you will have:
- Experience in related operational assurance or consulting roles either in large multi-location organisations or professional services
- Relevant Professional Certification e.g. Engineering, Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, CPA, etc.
- Good stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships across multiple teams
- Knowledge of operational or internal auditing, the ability to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls, identify control gaps and recommend appropriate mitigating actions
- Experience drafting internal audit or other reports, including simplifying technical content
- Knowledge and experience relating to the any of the following areas:
- operational internal auditing
- risk management
- data analytics and robotics
- process improvement/transformation and/or LEAN
- major projects risk and assurance
- Ability to travel (up to 40% travel requirement)
If you are naturally curious and want to join a great team that explores a great business or are looking for an opportunity to broaden your career path... apply today! This position represents a senior role equivalent to a Big 4 Manager level. Origin offers a generous bonus structure, share plan, flexible and remote working, world standard parental leave entitlements with no qualifying period, purchase leave options and much more!
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: careers.originenergy.com.au