|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Joining to build this complex state-of-the-art Australian capability will provide you with an exciting and unique opportunity to grow and develop
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of Australian defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security.
Joining to build this complex state-of-the-art Australian capability will provide you with an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
We are seeking an Electronic Engineer to help deliver a number of minor capability enhancements to Software and Hardware systems prior to further Systems integration.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Derive electronic system and/or equipment requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and requirements reviews
- Develop electronic candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Develop optimised electronic system and/or equipment detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic system and/or equipment detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined system and/or equipment architecture
- Undertake the translation of the electronic system and/or equipment design into a manufacturable product and incorporate design for manufacture factors
- Undertake engineering management of the electronic system and/or equipment manufacture from the Electronic implementation
- Undertake the integration and validation of the electronic system and/or equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Good knowledge of overall engineering development lifecycle.
- Experience in developing electronic/electrical equipment designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of Electronic solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different stakeholders.
- A high level of self-motivation, time management and organisational ability.
Experience with or knowledge of at least one of the following areas is also essential:
- Demonstrated experience within the electronic/hardware engineering discipline
- Electronic and/or electrical engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Knowledge of industry products, tools and technologies
- Ability to obtain Defence Security Clearance
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 Defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell , Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.