One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
* Provide spatial services as required to Mott Macdonald's Victorian business across Transport, Buildings, Energy, Planning and Environment. Services include:
o Temporal and spatial analyses
o Spatial data gathering and load
* Work closely with national GIS team members in ongoing development and implementation of standards for day-to-day GIS processes and data management;
* Assist team members in geospatial data digitisation, analysis and mapping for reports;
* Develop and implement spatial solutions to improve decision making;
* Check and process incoming data for quality control and assessment criteria to provide a high-quality formatted database(s) for colleagues and clients to use;
* Assist the team in improving data management and analysis processes by taking part in presentations and training activities to internal users on geospatial data management and GIS.
* Help promote and enable the use of GIS in Victorian and ANZ projects
* Learn and support as required MottMacdonald spatial products
* Work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide integrated spatial solutions as required i.e. integration with BIM and 3D, Machine Learning and IoT
* Provide as required in the provision of spatial outputs for proposals
* Work on client site for extended periods as required
* Have a graduate qualification in GIS, computer science, environmental management, planning or equivalent
* ESRI product suite including ArcGIS Pro, AGOL and Portal a must
* Experience in other GIS's an advantage but not essential (QGIS, PostGIS, Smallworld, MapInfo)
* Experiencing in other WebGIS advantageous i.e. GeoCortex, Mapbox, Carto, Cesium
* Considerable experience in FME
* Spatial databases, design, development, maintenance and administration
* Spatial data ELT (export, transform, load)
* Cartographic and graphic design principles
* Experience in open source databases such as MySQL and/or PostgreSQL advantageous
* Strong scripting and coding experience i.e. Python, Dynamo, other
* Excellent organisational, time-management and communication skills
* Self-motivated, proactive, curious, an eye for detail
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* Excellent communication and client facing skills as will be required to work on client sites
* Hunger to expand technical knowledge and to learn new skills
* Interest/skills in other and emerging technologies a plus i.e. Digital Engineering, BIM integration, gaming engines, AR/VR, AI/ML, IoT, PowerBI, Blockchain
This is a casual role - 2 days a week to end of February 2021.
In return, we offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, on-going professional support, and career development in an environment where initiative and hard work is rewarded. We aim to develop a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
This is an exciting time to join Mott MacDonald Australia and we welcome applications from people who wish to take the next step in their career and join our team