|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Mott MacDonald Group is a dynamic and innovative management, engineering and development consultancy working on landmark projects worldwide. Wholly independent and employee owned, we have staff worldwide working in all sectors including transport, energy, buildings, water and the environment, health and education, industry and communications.
Our Melbourne Built Environment team is recruiting for a Senior Structural Engineer. With the growth of the team and business, will come the opportunity to work on a range of challenging and dynamic projects where you will have the ability to contribute to the development of the design and construction process. This will allow you to grow your skills through interaction and teachings from some of the best in the business while you also learn and develop junior staff.
This role will involve:
* Structural engineering design;
* Construction observation;
* Project delivery;
* Collaboration with other engineering disciplines and consultants;
* Assisting with scoping, estimating, pricing and managing projects.
In return, we offer you all of the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
Requirements for the role:
* Hold a degree in structural engineering;
* Local experience in the Victorian market
* Minimum of 6 years post-grad experience within a commercial engineering environment;
* CPEng Status preferable;
* Being a registered building practitioner in Victoria
* Have detailed knowledge of Australian engineering design codes and practices;
* Be enthusiastic and ambitious, with a willingness to learn and develop and develop others around you;
* Be self-motivated with good organisational capability;
* Be team focused and able to collaborate in multi-discipline environment; and
* Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Be well versed in local industry standard structural design software such as ETABS, RAPT, Microstran/Spacegass
If you feel you have the skills and background for this role and want to join a growing team then please apply.
There's no time like present to make a change.