|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An excellent opportunity is available for a Production Foreperson to assist in the coordination of the daily operations of the asphalt production facilities located in Hobart, TAS. Reporting into the Production Supervisor, the key focus of this role is to maintain our position as an Industry leading producer of asphalt; whilst ensuring our commitment to safety is at the forefront of all that we do. We will also consider operational candidates who are ready to take the step in their careers.
You will assume responsibility in verifying quality asphalt is within specification from a laboratory testing point of view whilst assisting in the coordination raw materials and stock management.
- Previous exposure to the Production or Manufacturing environment (essential)
- Mechanically minded and able to grasp technical concepts with little trouble
- The ability to operate in a busy environment with competing priorities
- Exposure to Asphalt production (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients
- Computer literate – the ability to use Microsoft office products and pick up new systems with ease
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and systems with the ability to identify hazards to ensure a safe working environment for our employees and visitors
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on "Apply" below and submit your application. Please ensure you attach a copy of your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please contact Alicia Jacobson – Talent and Sourcing Business Partner
P: 0437 295 356
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.