|Location:||Wingecarribee Shire Council|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our people are the greatest contributors to our success and we require a high performing Procurement Specialist to join our team. You will lead and be an active member in the purchasing team with oversight of all Cement business purchasing transactions. There will be a focus on sourcing, buying and expediting goods and services, managing R&M inventory replenishment and growing the focus on tactical buying in a manner that maximises value for Boral and Boral’s Cement Business.
Based primarily at our Berrima Plant (Southern Highlands NSW) this role will also support our operational sites at Maldon (Picton) and Marulan. This is a great opportunity to contribute and create value for our customers and shareholders.
What you can be involved in:
- Maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders and work with them to identify opportunities and deliver improved cost and quality;
- Leading Cement sourcing and tactical buying activities in a collaborative manner with the Cement Procurement team members;
- Delivering the team’s assigned targets around savings, value, risk management and governance;
- Partnering with the business to source suppliers and or quotes for work as determined by the procurement category strategy;
- Participating in continuous improvement and innovation activities;
- Successfully leading the transition of Cement purchasing and R&M inventory related activities through Boral’s finance system upgrade;
- Pro-actively engage and strengthen communications with the Cement Business operations to enhance the outcomes of the end to end Procurement process;
- Ensuring the ongoing effectiveness and efficiency of our purchasing activities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in a procurement role within a large, multi-site organisation;
- Technical qualifications in Trade, Engineering or similar background (preferred);
- Exposure to the sourcing of Capital works and/or Repair and Maintenance related services;
- Experience in leading a purchasing team and engaging with operational people in heavy industrial industries;
- Demonstrated experience in contractor engagement, negotiation and management;
- Complex Problem Solving and analytical skills to apply in a commercial environment;
- Ability to influence stakeholders at various levels in the organisation;
- Service mindset and people focus to meet stakeholders needs;
Come join us on our transformation journey
At Boral, we encourage career growth and personal wellbeing. We also recognise that a workplace that supports work, personal and family responsibilities is important. We’re open to exploring what flexibility could be possible.
If you want to join us in our journey to transform, innovate and deliver sustainable value submit an application by clicking “Apply” or go to: http://careers.boral.com.au
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.