|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
- 18 month fixed term opportunity
- National role
- Could be based in either Sydney or Melbourne
- Support and guide our operational leaders with compliance
The Endeavour Drinks Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
In this exciting role, you’ll join the newly formed Award Compliance team within Endeavour Group to support and guide our store and operational leaders with developing and maintaining rosters that are compliant from an award and brand perspective.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coaching and upskilling operational leaders to ensure rosters are correct in the time and attendance system
- Ensuring operational leaders are informed and trained on new functionality of new system functionality as it occurs
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance our current ways of working making things better for our teams as well and leading to a better rostering outcome for our customers
- Developing training materials and coaching our operational teams on rostering and award compliance processes and policies that have adjusted as a result of system or process changes
- Reviewing all incoming and future planned payroll and time attendance changes with an operational lens
- Being the first point of contact for support on using our Time and Attendance systems
- Building implementation plans to launch to our store teams
- Supporting the Project Manager to introduce, influence and implement incoming Payroll and time and attendance systems changes
- Partnering with Central and Systems teams to review, enhance and understand all the system changes and process improvement opportunities
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for:
- Experience within retail operations and rostering
- Multi site retail operational experience at Area / Group Manager level
- Experience working with Kronos and SuccessFactors
- An ability to work autonomously
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Exposure to projects with a focus on operational change
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and in communicating with large groups
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in working within a cross functional project team is desirable
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now!
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You