|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to continued job growth, Cardno's Water & Environment team are currently seeking interest from highly motivated Environmental Planners / Scientists to join our busy team. Joining an established team of Environmental professionals, you will provide environmental advice, permits and approvals for a wide cross section of clients and projects.
Located in West Perth, you will be part of a social and dynamic office that values their people and communities. Our office is in walking distance to Kings Park and Elizabeth Quay, as well as being only a short bus ride to our Central Business District.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Leading and preparing environmental approvals documentation, environmental impact assessments and environmental management plans, using knowledge of WA and Federal environmental legislation, current industry standards, and approval processes.
- Provision of specific technical input into studies and major projects as appropriate
- Leading and preparing technical written reports to support project outcomes
- Client and regulator liaison to achieve project objectives
- Draw on existing client relationships and build new client relationships to further develop our Western Australian business
- Lead and prepare proposal documentation
- Ensure financial outcomes of assignments are achieved through effective project management
- Work part of a multidisciplinary and cohesive team to successfully deliver environmental approvals services to our clients, across a wide range of sectors.
- Supports and models HSE initiatives
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/ Environmental Planning / Environmental Engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrated 7-10 years relevant practical experience, preferably within the consulting industry
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and standards, particularly in the Western Australian and Federal regulatory environment
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of regulatory approvals documentation for a range of infrastructure projects. Additional experience in the resources and transport sector would be desirable, but not essential.
- Professional standards of technical report writing
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritise work as required
- Ability to lead project teams
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to work within a team environment
- A positive and proactive attitude
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.