|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Communications & Stakeholder Relations Manager to join our South Eastern Program Alliance (SEPA). This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor, and an international engineering enterprise.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA) are working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- Lead delivery of communications and stakeholder engagement for the project in accordance with SEPA's Communications and Stakeholder Relations Management Plan, Project Communications and Stakeholder Relations Sub-Plan and any other specific sub-plans.
- Through leadership, generate a whole-of-project commitment to supporting and maintaining positive relationships with the community and stakeholders
- Lead the Communications and Stakeholder Relations team, providing mentoring and support as well as professional development opportunities
- Oversee all liaison with project communities, businesses and stakeholders, ensuring issues are identified early, managed effectively and escalated appropriately
- Maximise project support by building and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships, including the local community and local councils
- You will possess a relevant degree (communications, marketing, public relations or equivalent) combined with extensive relevant experience in a project delivery environment (ideally large-scale civil/rail infrastructure).
- You will be a confident team leader with advanced strategic thinking and issues management skills, as well as political nous.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.