|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral Timber (SA) has an exciting opportunity for an Internal Sales Officer for a diverse and challenging role with one of the state’s most iconic brands. Based in Adelaide Metro and reporting to the Southern Regional Sales Manager, the objective of the Internal Sales Officer is to develop ongoing growth of customer relationships through sound communication and rapport building.
The role will also provide qualified leads, maintain and develop business relationships to support the sales team in their provision of valuable service to the customers of Boral Timber.
- Initiating and developing sales communication with current and prospective customers via telephone/email;
- Continually update and ensure the relevance of data entered into the current customer database and sales system, resulting from inbound/outbound calls, emails, web leads, and customer showroom visits;
- Supporting the on-road Sales team and customer analysis;
- Management of escalated customer concerns;
- Sales administration support including system maintenance of customer pricing;
- Quote, order and invoice processing;
- Preparation and delivery of communications to customers, and suppliers;
- Primarily through the management of project software (Cordell's, Estimate One, Bidcontender, etc), identifying leads, liaise with architects, designers, and builders, provide timely technical information/support, and coordinate follow up appointments for the Area Sales Manager;
- Provision of timely reports to management as required.
We are seeking people who are quick thinkers and can negotiate win-win solutions. The role involves the opportunity to develop, build and grow professional relationships with a variety of customers throughout the Boral Timber business.
Track record in internal sales, managing customer interactions over the telephone while navigating on-line systems, ability to consistently deliver high levels of Customer Service, balance customer with company needs, and contribute positively as a Team player are essential. Experience in prospecting and developing relationships with architects, designers, and builders within the construction industry is desirable.
In return, we will offer great support, ongoing training and development, the potential for advancement, a competitive salary and a varied and challenging role.
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With more than A$4.4 billion worth of annualised sales, Boral has around 12,000 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites including joint ventures. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard, and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA, and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.