The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for Senior Consultants/Managers to join our Transaction, Strategy and Execution (TSE) team within our Financial Services Practice. This role is offered for our Sydney or Melbourne office on a full-time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead client engagement teams to execute acquisitions and/or divestments
- Demonstrate knowledge of all phases and aspects of practice across due diligence, integrations, carve-outs, and other types of transaction engagements
- Demonstrate strong transaction and operational knowledge in Financial Services
- Provide engagement team leadership in fostering an open and inclusive environment and effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Demonstrate an ability to not only identify integration risks and issues, but recommend resolutions and mitigating actions
- Deliver a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products sufficient to drive additional and repeated engagements
- Successfully supervise, coach, and mentor all team members to help build their technical capability and assist in achieving their potential
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong track record in management consulting preferably with an exposure to the transactions environment and preferably in the Financial Services sector
- Experience and strong technical skills in relevant areas such as operational due diligence, synergy identification & assessment, post-merger integration or carve-out support and benefits realisation
- Proven client management skills, with the ability to build and develop networks and relationships with both external and internal contacts
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 5-7 years of related work experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Curiosity and creative thinking
- Ability to perform detailed research, synthesising and analysing a large set of qualitative and quantitative data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with experience in delivering high-quality reports and presentations
- Adept at building strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Strong project management and team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to manage and develop juniors
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint