The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
Due to growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Manager to join our Infrastructure Advisory practice in our Brisbane office. EY’s Oceania Infrastructure Advisory practice is a leading advisor to government and private sector clients in strategy, economic, commercial, financial and transaction advisory services. Our advice spans the project lifecycle across the transport, power and utilities and social infrastructure sectors.
We are seeking self-motivated, diligent and personable applicants who are keen to join our trusted, market-leading team, collaborate with others and solve complex problems. This role is client facing and offers the opportunity to take responsibility for the delivery of projects, teams and advice.
- Provide strategic, economic, financial, commercial and transaction advice to inform our clients’ decision making at various project phases including strategy and planning, business case development, and during transactions
- Manage engagements, project teams and prepare high quality client deliverables in a timely manner, independently or collaboratively as appropriate
- Support the development of junior staff including by playing a strong role in mentoring and providing pragmatic feedback, both constructive and supportive
- Contribute to business development activities including proposal development and fostering client relationships and networks
- Collaborate with people across Strategy and Transactions, as well as the broader EY team to support service delivery outcomes and cross-teaming
- Be proactive and present – positively contribute to culture, participate in learning and training opportunities and foster inclusive teaming
- A minimum of 4-5 years professional experience in a relevant role or sector. For example, this experience could have been gained in an accounting or law firm, management consultancy, engineering practice, investment bank, infrastructure firm, private sector industry participant, or within any level of government
- Relevant experience in major projects and infrastructure and/or a strong interest in developing a career in this sector
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in internal and external forums
- Advanced report writing, analysis, problem solving and general commercial skills and acumen
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects / people concurrently, and effectively prioritise competing demands
- Tertiary qualification/s in finance, commerce, law, economics, engineering, mathematics or other relevant subject areas
- A proactive, supportive and respectful approach to their team, and able to function under pressure but also demonstrate judgment in asking for help when required