The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) division offers corporate, government and private equity clients’ professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to deal execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic objectives.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant and a Manager for the Valuation Modelling and Economics (Plant & Equipment Valuation) team.
The Manager will be based in our Melbourne office and the Senior Consultant in our Sydney or Brisbane office.
In this role you will focus on our Plant & Equipment valuation services, working in our team to carry out asset valuations for a blue-chip portfolio of clients. As a Plant & Equipment valuation professional you'll help global organisations make strategic decisions by providing responsive, objective advice in a range of situations, often around live transactions.
This role includes regular interstate travel.
- Provide plant and equipment valuation advice individually or lead a team of CE specialists. You would also be required to lead multi-disciplinary engagements including plant & equipment, real estate and business valuation
- Actively lead several engagements simultaneously whilst supporting the Engagement Partner on business development opportunities
- Preparation of engagement contracts and budgets, and monitor engagement progress against plan
- Maintain understanding of each engagement, including the context and background to each engagement, the subject assets, market sector & competitive landscape analysis
- Valuation (plant & equipment, real property, or business) or cost estimating experience gained in a corporate or professional services environment (3 years for senior consultant or 5 or more years for manager)
- Good interpersonal and client relationship skills
- High personal drive and motivation to succeed in a growing team with lots of opportunities
- Strong technical expertise, with valuations experience highly regarded
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Excel and Power Point (experience in working with PowerBI or other data analytics packages would also be viewed favourably)
- Existing accreditation with the Australian Property Institute (API) as a Certified Practicing Valuer (Plant and machinery) CPV (P&M) or equivalent ASA or RICS accreditation will be highly regarded
- Prior experience (commercial/management/asset management) in asset intensive industries such as mining, oil and gas, or power and utilities will also be considered
- Familiarity with accounting/asset management/valuation concepts relating to tangible assets, fixed assets, plant & equipment, plant & machinery will be highly regarded
- A relevant tertiary qualification is ideal but not essential. Relevant qualifications include Engineering, Property and Construction, Commerce or Finance.
- Strong commercial acumen with excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a commercial mindset
- Excellent analytical, communication and teamwork skills