|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders to achieve security objectives for ASC Shipbuilding nationally and internationally
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Security Manager Policy and Supply Chain Assurance, working for ASC Shipbuilding based in Osborne Naval Shipyard, South Australia. This is a three year fixed term contract opportunity with the potential for further extension.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Security Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of supply chain security through all levels of the supply chain to ensure the protection of sovereign ship building capability.
Being a part of the ASC Shipbuilding program, you will be accountable to ensure that the supply chain security program complies with relevant legislation, Defence security policy, ASC Shipbuilding's contractual obligations, international and domestic security obligations through the various Government Security Agreements (GSAs) and Security of Information Agreements (SIAs).
More specifically, you will
- Develop, manage and report on the Supply Chain Security Program for suppliers including information sharing
- Deliver and manage the supply chain security program nationally and internationally and provide appropriate advice to both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the broader security capability to ensure that the project is positioned as an industry leader and report on ASC Shipbuilding security measures and security maturity to contribute to supply chain security at the enterprise level
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure that security requirements are embedded into quality assurance to achieve fit for purpose protective security requirements and data sharing is enabled in a secure manner
- Apply Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) processes for security governance, information, physical and personnel security requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of protective security and risk management, legislations and policies within government and/or defence industry
- Well-developed negotiation, influencing, communication and analytical skills are critical to the role coupled with behavioural analysis skills for building rapport, including establishing trust and high level engagement
- Demonstrated experience in managing personnel and teams
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to motivate individuals or teams across a number of business areas to shape and implement business requirements
- Excellent relationship building skills with an ability to deal with key stakeholders at all levels
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
- Strong team player with an ability to show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and occupational licensing for delivery of security advice within the Australian jurisdictions is essential
- Proficient user of Microsoft office package including word, excel and power point; and
Whilst not essential, tertiary qualifications in security management including security risk, computer security, information security and security technology with formal training in quality management systems is desirable
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.