|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our South Eastern Program Alliance (SEPA), based in Hallam. This permanent role offers great career prospects with a privately owned tier 1 constructor, and an international engineering enterprise.
Laing O’Rourke, as part of the South East Program Alliance (SEPA) are working with LXRP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and Jacobs to develop and deliver value-for-money engineering solutions for multiple level crossing removals.
The Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP) is a delivery entity created by the Victorian Government to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Victoria by 2025. It is one of the largest rail infrastructure projects in Victoria’s history.
Our current pipeline of works includes major station upgrades, track duplications and a range of other critical rail infrastructure works.
- You will take the lead responsibility for all Quality aspects of the project to ensure all works are completed in accordance with required contract conditions, standards/regulations and company procedures.
- Review all client quality specifications to ensure all QA/QC project deliverables required under the contract are captured and processes are in place to ensure they are achieved.
- Develop and revise project-specific quality procedures and forms.
- Assist Engineers with preparing LOR Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) and Inspection and Test Records (ITRs) to ensure all inspection and testing requirements have been identified.
- Confirm the Quality Package Grading score for all design and/or construct packages for permanent works issued to suppliers/subcontractors.
You will have
- As the suitable candidate for this role, you will have experience in a similar Quality Manager role.
- You will have sound knowledge of Australian Standards (e.g. AS/NZS 9001:2008), Industry Codes and Procedures Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Exposure to both Building and Rail projects will be highly regarded.
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.