|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Rollingstock Services, a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Manager - Inventory & Supply Chain Control to join our Finance team.
Reporting to the GM Finance and GM Supply Chain and Procurement, this role will ensure that inventory within Downer Rollingstock Services is optimised and continuous improvement initiatives are executed following stakeholder engagement and buy-in. This role will be responsible for Financial management of $80M in Rolling Stock Inventory on a national basis across our multiple depots. You will work closely with key stakeholders, including Project Managers, Accountants and Warehouse staff to correctly identify stock levels and drive reviews and assessments on performance across the business. This role can be based in Sydney or Brisbane with regular national travel required to our Rail Depots.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting / Finance (CPA or CA qualified)
- 8 years + Accounting/Finance work experience in a similar industry
- Solid experience in accounting, financial modelling and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in business partnering, stakeholder management and decision support
- Financial reporting as well as budgeting, planning and forecasting.
- Experience with various Inventory demand drivers and subsequent Inventory Policy levers (eg. MRP, automated Replenishment)
- Experience with formulation of Inventory Provisions (stock obsolescence)
- Experience with excess stock reductions (Inventory Burn, return to vendor, sale etc)
- Advanced data analysis and reporting skills with a core understanding of MRO inventory and ability to clearly communicate findings using
- necessary tools (Excel, Access, PowerPoint or similar software).
- P2P process knowledge
- Inventory optimisation (Min/Max calculations, network optimisation, usage/demand analysis)\ Knowledge and understanding of the Inventory module in JD Edwards
- Strong data analysis skills and a very keen eye for detail, with the ability to report and present findings in an appropriate and professional format
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
- National travel required on a regular basis ( Melbourne, Maryborough, Auburn)
- Based in either Sydney or Brisbane with work from home options available
- Fixed term up to 2 years duration initially
We are looking for someone with a mix of skills in the areas of Finance and Supply Chain / Procurement experience. This is a varied role that will challenge you and keep you busy! If you think this sounds like you, please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Rachel Jones on Rachel.email@example.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.