|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Based in Sydney or Melbourne
- Long term career development opportunity
- Industry leader
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
Join our high performing Airports and Specialised Pavements Business in a role that will provide the opportunity to manage multiple tenders nationally and further develop your long-term career . As Estimator, you will work within a collaborative and supportive team environment where your proven ability to bring a bid together with a high level of initiative and drive will be valued within a business that is experiencing on-going success and growth.
Reporting to the Pre-Contracts Manager you will also be involved in the pursuit and development of new business opportunities for Downer’s proprietary products and services such as Rhinophalt, Trapezoidal Grooving, Friction Testing, Crack Sealing amongst others.
Ideally, you will possess tertiary qualifications in an engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge from a civil/structural background together with road maintenance/asphalt experience;
- Knowledge and experience of estimating, project management, contract law, marketing and client liaison
- A flair for business development with a proven ability to negotiate and influence business solutions
- Commercial skills and understanding of financial administration and project costing
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building strong relationships with key stakeholders, particularly with key suppliers and subcontractors
- Interpretation and application of technical/contractual conditions and company policies and procedures
- Ability to contribute to the development of financial budgets and business planning process.
- Experience in researching and understanding complex information to develop and implement tender solution
- Systems and level proficiency in electronic estimation packages such as Benchmark as well as advanced software skills in Office, Project and Visio
- Strong safety focus - actively participate in and support Downer Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team-orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. We do not accept applications via email but for more information, please email Helen.email@example.com or phone on 0409 072 562.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.