|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are currently seeking 2 enthusiastic Depot Train Controller’s (DTC’s) to join our team. In these roles, you will be responsible for all train movements within the maintenance depot, liaising with the Operations Control Centre (OCC) and assist with managing the daily maintenance activities so that availability of trains is maximised.
Key Responsibilities for these Roles Include:
- Control all train movements within the depot facility in coordination with the OCC and Metro Trains Sydney (MTS) personnel.
- Control and manage train preparation, wake up and shutdown, depot and plant maintenance and depot facilities maintenance.
- Manage 3rd party and subcontractor access to the depot and rolling stock and authorise all work to be performed as required.
- Ensure all processes are carried out to protect subcontractors and vistors on site, including depot protection procedures.
- Ensure safety during Depot posession management in accordance with Safety Management Plans and systems.
- Ensure all completed work is captured in the asset management system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- A relevant trade qualification (mechanical, electrical or similar).
- Previous experience working within rolling stock, particularly as it relates to train movement.
- Previous experience in a rail maintenance and/or operations environment.
- Enthusiastic about process improvement with a willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
These are permanent roles with training provided and ongoing career development available for the right people!
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups to apply. We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.