|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Ngurambang team deliver two programs:
- Permanency Support Program (PSP) aims to give every child/young person a loving home, whether that be with parents, family, extended family or through open guardianship.
- PSP Intensive Family Preservation aims to keep children and young people in their home in a safe, stable and nurturing family or relative/kinship environment.
About the role:
We're looking for a Caseworker who genuinely cares about the wellbeing of Children and Families to join our Ngurambang PSP Program in a full-time role based in Dubbo.
This is an Aboriginal Identified role. Having an understanding of your local community and key Aboriginal stakeholders in your community is essential
Working 35 hours a week, no day will ever be the same as you:
- Play a vital role in supporting the restoration of a child to their birth family by developing and implementing a restoration plan and monitor its progress.
- Refer birth families to appropriate support services.
- Discuss issues with families to assess needs and determine a course of action.
- Provide ongoing case management to children and young people, their carers and birth families.
- An understanding of the issues impacting Aboriginal children and young people in Permanency Support.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma), working towards a Diploma or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated engagement, interpersonal, negotiation, mediation, consultation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated assessment and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Government and non-Government agencies.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent behaviour and development.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours.
- Current driver's license, and willingness to transport families and children.
- Valid NSW Working with Children’s check.
Benefits & culture:
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. We work together to ensure that every employee can be the best they can be. We value you and will support you in your life and in your career by:
- Offering ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills.
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours.
- Relocation packages provided.
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your wellbeing.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police, reference and Working with Children checks.
Aboriginality is a genuine qualification authorised under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination ACT 1977