|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Downer Transport Services division is proudly supporting Whangarei’s infrastructure with new and improved roads and pathways. Our Patrol Inspector will support the network on smaller maintenance initiatives and urgent repair work across the district. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company that looks after its people.
About the role
As one of 3 Patrol Inspectors within our Whangarei based team, you will be responsible for patrolling designated roads and conducting routine and emergency maintenance to ensure safety of the public. Your day to day tasks will include:
- Pothole repairs of both sealed and unsealed roads
- Clearing of vegetation
- Clearing obstructions from carriageway, footpaths and drainage systems
- Cleaning and maintaining culvert inlets and outlets as well as roadside furniture
- Maintain accurate asset information in RAMM as required to GDC/NZTA specifications
Holding several years’ experience within road maintenance and a passion for public safety is important in this role. You will be self-motivated to respond appropriately to urgent and hazardous jobs and able to work efficiently while unsupervised. You will also:
- Hold a current Class 2 Drivers Licence
- Be qualified in the identification and rating of faults
- Able to take initiative and be confident in decision making and problem solving
- Available to respond to afterhours call outs when rostered
- Confident communicating with the public and management
- Show commitment to a Zero Harm environment
What's on offer?
A role with Downer New Zealand can advance your career and expand your skillset. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- Guaranteed Full Time hours – minimum 40 per week
- A varied work environment where no two days will be the same
- Tools of trade including a Downer uniform, PPE and Vehicle
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply
If you are an professional who’s looking for your next career move, register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz using reference number 573796.
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.