|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you ready to join a market leader to create complex data related solutions
- Ready to join a business that's passionate about doing things differently?
- Permanent opportunity – based in Sydney CBD!
Reporting to the Head of Data and Analytics Platform Services, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our stakeholders and customers to understand their data requirements, develop and model data structure, design and build the ingestion process to provide access to data in real-time from operational and enterprise source systems.
Specifically you will:
- Collaborate with both the business and IT teams to define the business problem, refine the requirements, and design and develop data deliverables
- Hold regular discussions with data consumers on optimally refining the data pipelines developed in nonproduction environments and deploying them in production
- Manage data pipelines consisting of a series of stages through which data flows (from data sources or endpoints of acquisition to integration to consumption for specific use cases) whilst architecting, creating and maintaining data pipelines
- Drive Automation through effective metadata management by using innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks in order to minimize manual and error-prone processes and improve productivity.
- Lead the renovation of the data management infrastructure to drive automation in data integration and management.
- Learn and use modern data preparation, integration and AI-enabled metadata management tools and techniques
- Track data consumption patterns, performing intelligent sampling and caching, monitor schema changes.
Naturally you will demonstrate;
- Hands-on experience in Azure stack (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks) (essential)
- Strong experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-oriented/object function scripting using languages such as R, Python, Java
- Extensive experience working in data management disciplines including data integration, modelling, optimization and data quality, and/or other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks
- Solid experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with business stakeholders in support of a departmental and/or multi-departmental data management and analytics initiative
- Strong ability to design, build and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata and workload management
- Strong experience with popular database programming languages including SQL, PL/SQL, others for relational databases and certifications on upcoming NoSQL/Hadoop oriented databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, others for nonrelational databases
- Strong experience in working with and optimizing existing ETL processes and data integration and data preparation flows and helping to move them in production
- Strong experience in working with both open-source and commercial message queuing technologies such as Kafka, JMS, Azure Service Bus and others, stream data integration and analytics technologies such as Data Bricks and others
- Basic experience working with popular data discovery, analytics and BI software tools like Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI and others for semantic-layer-based data discovery.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community. We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please follow the links.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.