|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
Aurizon is seeking expressions of interest from experienced Mainline Train Drivers who would like to join our newly established team in Wollongong. Be instrumental in the in the success of Australia’s largest rail freight operator as we expand further in the Illawarra region.
We are looking for competent operators who can provide operational support in accordance with safety procedures and network rules. The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Operate all forms of traction and trains competently and safely;
- Apply best practice train management techniques to ensure efficient and safe train operations;
- Deliver quality customer service to meet business objectives and customer needs;
- Work in accordance with company policies, procedures and Enterprise Agreements.
You are a professional mainline driver who takes pride in their ability to deliver trains safely. The minimum requirements for the role include:
- A certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations) - mandatory;
- Hold a valid 'C' class driver's licence- mandatory;
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Ability to work in teams effectively to achieve goals;
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to keep accurate records.
External candidates may be subject to safety critical testing and a Category 1 rail medical during the recruitment process.
What We Can Offer You
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets. To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Should you have any questions regarding this position (reference 675655), please contact Christine 07 4943 4341 or apply online at www.aurizon.com.au/careers