|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in configuring enterprise-class routers, switches, firewalls and wireless controllers; Juniper, Cisco, Arista, HP.
- Experience in network protocols, hardware, circuits and technologies troubleshooting.
- Deployment experience across Local Area Networks (LANs), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Experience with Unix systems administration.
- Knowledge of fundamental networking technologies and protocols (ARP, Ethernet, DHCP, IPSec, GRE, WiFi standards, routing protocols, DNS, RADIUS, 802.1x).
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As a Network Engineer for Corporate Network Implementation, you will be involved in implementing IP routing/switching technologies and protocols while utilizing knowledge of Linux OS and networking. You will also get to evaluate existing systems and processes, determining their effectiveness.
Within the team, you will work in a collaborative approach with other engineers to create and maintain best practices across the team to ensure quality and efficiency of deployments. You will also work on designing solutions and ensuring the compatibility of system components. In this role, you will also provide technical support to both internal and external partners.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Ensure delivery of multi-vendor IPv4 and IPv6 networks. Configure, upgrade, or work with network switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers, and other devices.
- Troubleshoot issues within the global network. Drive resolution of escalated network issues, perform fault isolation and trouble resolution on network protocols, technologies, hardware, software, and circuits.
- Provide technical leadership for complex projects to increase stability of the network. Maintain and enhance training and technical documentation, and provide training.
- Review deployed technologies, performance, capacity and standard level agreements (SLAs) from a strategic point of view and provide recommendations that spawn new projects for the team. Evaluate existing systems and processes to determine effectiveness.
- Partner with engineering to provide life cycle management of network designs, software selections, validation and rollout for fleet. Drive high level strategy for larger and/or complex deployments.