|Location:||New South Wales, New South Wales, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
About the role
In this role you will provide support to Uniting’s aged care clients and facilitate them to manage their day to day activities, enabling them to live independently and helping them reach their health and lifestyle goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build lasting relationships with a range of clients
- Undertaking of domestic tasks including cooking and housework
- Assist with personal care such as showering and toileting (if qualified)
- Use Manual Handling techniques when visiting High Care clients (if qualified)
- Provide transport to appointments and shopping enabling connection to their local community and throughout the inner west and eastern suburbs
- Working with clients with dementia and communicating with the broader care team about client’s wellbeing
Qualifications and experience:
- Bilingual in Greek or Italian or Turkish
- Driver’s licence and comprehensively insured vehicle
- Certificate III in Aged Care (mandatory)
- Current First Aid certificate
- Previous experience in ageing or community care an advantage
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for our staff and our clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate .
We offer our staff:
- Not for profit salary packaging entitlements
- Paid travel time and reimbursement of Kms between consecutive services.
- Hands on training, development and mentoring
- A mobile phone
- Long term career paths working alongside like-minded individuals
- An organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and society
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Checks