|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Project Manager (NSW)
- Join one of Australia’s largest retailers!
- Lead transformational projects and truly make your mark
- Norwest based
- Full time permanent role
As Australia's biggest retail group, Woolworths Limited, has the most trusted food, liquor and general merchandise brands. Woolworths IT delivers technology solutions to our organisation by providing the right innovative technology that works. Within Woolworths IT, we currently have programs of work running to implement leading edge solutions to accelerate business growth as well as change the way we work and deliver services to our internal and external customers.
Among Australia’s earliest adopters of the Google platform and agile methodologies, we are continually investing in future-focused IT solutions. We seek curious, innovative and resourceful technology experts to help us pave the way and to make the most valuable impact.
The IT Enterprise team manages the full life cycle for applications within Woolworths. It looks after the delivery of projects, including architecture, build, testing and deployment. It also then manages the longer term health of the application and any necessary maintenance.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will play a critical role in this strategic imperative by driving the day to day stakeholder engagement, business transformation and technical change management to ensure the successful delivery of key projects within the delivery tower. In your role you will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of SAP, integration, finance and corporate projects.
In this role, key responsibilities will be:
- Prepare project plans, including scope, schedule, resources and project deliverables
- Facilitate RAPid planning workshops to derive Delivery schedules, estimated effort and costs, Risks, Issues, Dependencies to deliver a project.
- Manage and lead cross-functional teams in order to successfully deliver projects on time and according to the quality requirements
- Scheduling, Risk Management and Financial management
- Monitor and control each phase and steps of project implementation
- Identify and report project issues and project risks to the relevant individuals
- Find solutions to mitigate and/or minimise project risks and other issues
- Prepare and deliver project management deliverables, such as meeting minutes, reports etc to the appropriate steering committees
Who we’re looking for
The suitable candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years work experience delivering IT projects.
- Project Management certification.
- Deep understanding of project management methodologies, tools and principles.
- Approach and behaviour to deliver projects collaboratively, understanding the value of "one team".
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience delivering IT projects, through all life-cycle phases.
- Experience in managing projects with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Strong Retail understanding.
- SAP Project Management experience (highly desirable, but not essential).
- SAP Implementation from Development to Production (highly desirable, but not essential).
- Commercial Skills.
- Experience in managing customer relationships.
- Experience managing medium/large enterprise level, technical projects.
- Ability to prioritise, influence, and track delivery of conflicting tasks and activities.
- Ability to identify and rate risks and establish and manage appropriate mitigation strategies.
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus
- Opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will support you to thrive
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now!
We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
We’re also social! - connect with us at #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. This role is also open to applicants who are seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.