South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide high level HSE analytics at an executive level.
This is offered as a 14-month fixed term opportunity.
Other accountabilities include:
- Actively facilitate the identification and establishment of H&S performance measures and KPIs inclusive of leading indicators;
- Ensure the accurate collection and reporting of H&S performance data across all relevant systems and processes including maintaining data integrity;
- Review and implement improvements to the HSE Management System to ensure continued alignment with leading practise and legislative requirements;
- Ensure the application of sound change management as it relates to all relevant H&S process and system improvements; and
- Coordinate adherence to the HSE budget, ensuring all POs, invoices and service requisitions and related processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage the Alcohol and Other Drugs testing process for IMC, including contractor management of the vendor.
This position will be based at our Wollongong office, located at the University of Wollongong’s Innovation Campus, with occasional travel to our Appin/Dendrobium/West Cliff Colliery operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Work Health & Safety, Commerce, Business or related field;
- Ability to engage and influence a range of stakeholders
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; knowledge of SAP, Power BI, SharePoint, are desirable;
- Ability to work collaboratively, identify and implement solutions based on an analysis of relevant data and information;
- Experience in developing and improving WHS Management Systems (policies, procedures, processes) within a large organisation is desirable;
- Experience working in mining, construction, engineering or a similar industry is desirable;
- Competitive salaries
- Co-contributions to superannuation up to 14%
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible working environment
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.