|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A defence industry leader that encourages innovation and flexible work practices
- Work with key stakeholders to influence strategic business solutions for key defence programs
- Location Williamstown, VIC or Osborne Naval Shipyard, SA
- Fixed Term Opportunity
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Business Analyst in our ASC Shipbuilding team.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course, some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Senior Business Analyst to join our team.
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will be be responsible for identifying and eliciting business or customer needs through the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of requirements to ensure delivered solutions are appropriate and aligned to the business or customer needs.
You will perform a fundamental role in the successful transition of a project through its lifecycle of development, testing and delivery into support.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop the plan of work through identifying stakeholders, determining analysis techniques, plan analysis activities and identify external factors that will impact requirements
- Manage the Requirements Management process through eliciting, prioritising and influencing business or customer requirements for initiatives and projects spanning multiple or complex business domains to ensure they accurately reflect the needs of the business or customer, and are managed for traceability, change and reuse
- Manage the requirements analysis through analysing business or customer requirements to determine and justify innovative solutions that are feasible, cost effective, will meet business or customer goals and objectives, and deliver value. Leads will also ensure alignment to architectural roadmaps
- Manage Stakeholders through effective expectation and prioritisation management, and mapping of requirements to stakeholder needs
- Validate solutions against business or customer requirements, and develop and deliver plans for business or customer acceptance
- Provide guidance and advice on current technology initiatives and business analysis techniques, and proactively seek ways to improve the way the team delivers services and capability to the business or customer. Leads will also be required to advise on future initiatives
- Support the implementation of the ILS Suite of systems
- Prepare the Business Requirements Documents (BRD)
- Developing ILS process maps in conjunction with the Information Knowledge Management Team
- Coordinate Patches and Upgrades
- Develop User support model
- Provide Application early life support and Application 2nd tier support
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in an appropriate customer service role with demonstrated business analysis experience spanning across multiple business capability domains
- The ability to apply business knowledge to customer business requirements
- High level of interpersonal and customer communication, customer focus, and negotiation skills
- The ability to cope in high pressure situations to manage conflicts, provide influence and build trusted relationships
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving in the area of defining problems, determine innovative solutions, and validate solutions against customer needs and requirements
Whilst not essential, qualifications in business or information technology and certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis and ITIL will be an advantage.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.