|Job Type:||Full Time|
A fantastic opportunity at nbn, Australia’s largest infrastructure project, as a Senior Data Scientist reporting to the Executive Manager Customer Analytics, where you will help streamline and improve the quality and flow of data across the organisation, performance management and advanced analytics capabilities to support day to day operations and decision making.
A bit about your role
In your new role as the Senior Data Scientist you will:
- Provide strategic direction on high priority business problems.
- Lead analytic and data science engagements with the business, proactively managing stakeholder expectations regarding problem hypothesis, delivery and testing approach, presenting results and recommendations for next steps.
- Analyse large amounts of information (in the GB to TB range) via statistical or modelling techniques to discover trends and patterns.
- Play a leading role in the nbn Data Science community defining and developing standards and best practices across the analytics and ML lifecycle.
- Develop proof of concept models, web/mobile applications and visualisations to story-tell, translating data into action and business insights for business stakeholders.
- Play a part in promoting data literacy uplifts across nbn by demonstrating the value of analytics, building trust and cross-functional collaboration together with business, IT and CDO stakeholders
- Curiosity to research and test new cutting-edge data science techniques that have potential commercial value.
A bit about you
You will have significant experience in designing, implementing and productionising data science models, in large commercial corporate, preferably working with customer data sets. organisations.
To be successful in this role, you will need knowledge in using big data analytic technologies, cloud computing (AWS, Azure) to deliver data science models and analytical insights.
You will bring strong knowledge of and coding experience in R, Python and SQL; experience with additional languages Spark, Scala and Java will be considered advantageous. You should be able to communicate your data science and analytical findings to stakeholders using data visualisations (commercial visualisation tools Tableau, Qliksense) and/or using custom created visualisation/applications (react.js, d3.js, rshiny, bokeh).
You will bring strong organisational skills and advanced critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills and will demonstrate the ability to translate thoughts into actionable insights that will generate value for the business.
An advanced degree (PHD or Masters) in Applied Math, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Business Administration, or any other related field. An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable
Life at nbn
We make it easier for people from any career background to thrive. You’ll benefit from formal learning programs to support ongoing development in professional and business capabilities. There are also a number of informal, on the job learning opportunities to help further your development.
The nbn™ broadband access network is delivering the technology that will shape Australia’s future. As one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia’s history, working at nbn is a once in a lifetime career opportunity, where no two days are the same.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.