|Job Type:||Full Time|
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Team Leader/s Strategic Land and Waterway Planning you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Strategic Land & Waterways Planning team as a Senior Strategic Land & Waterways Planner. Ideally you'll have experience in open space planning/ land use planning and master-planning and be keen to help develop future direction and internal policy for land use, including Melbourne Water’s role in enhancing social outcomes for the community.
This role will see you:
- Develop future direction and internal policy for land use, including Melbourne Water’s role in enhancing social outcomes for the community.
- Develop future directions for land and waterways through master-planning.
- Coordinate service performance standards for Melbourne Water’s Service Delivery teams to deliver integrated customer outcomes through the co-creation of plans, positions, programs, tools and guidelines.
- Determine the full value of our land and waterway assets and take advantage of new opportunities to enhance land and waterway management outcomes for liveability.
- Build, maintain and enhance positive stakeholder relationships and strategic partnerships for land and waterway strategic planning.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience in open space planning/ land use planning and master-planning.
- Experience in analysis and interpretation of data and environmental scanning, to assist the identification of strategic opportunities and challenges for social outcomes.
- Skills in identifying, developing and implementing business plans, frameworks and tools.
- Experience using GIS systems to create new layers, analyse data/ layers and develop maps
- Experience in development, delivery and evaluation of ambiguous projects, including demonstrated flexibility to manage complex and often competing priorities within strict timelines
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a qualification in Strategic Planning, Land Management Science and other related fields or experience.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: 21 OCTOBER 2020 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment is required for this position.